- Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Patras, Greece
- Dozent-Lecturer, Particle Technology Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, ETH Zürich, Switzerland (with Prof. Sotiris E. Pratsinis)
- Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics
- Statistical Mechanics and Molecular Simulation
- Rheology and Transport Phenomena
- Finite-Element and Spectral-Element Numerical Methods
- Dissipative Quantum field theory
- Modeling and simulation of polymers and of soft nanostructured polymeric materials at multiple time and length scales (atomistic, mesoscopic, macroscopic)
- Constitutive modeling of polymer viscoelasticity
- Bulk polymers and polymers at interfaces (adhesion, self-assembly)
- Thermodynamics of complex fluids under non-equilibrium conditions
- Ring polymers, circular DNA molecules
- Mobility and hydrodynamic interactions of nanoparticle agglomerates
- Quantum dissipation, quantum master equations
- V.G. Mavrantzas, Statistical Thermodynamics (in Greek), book for the course on “Physical Chemistry”, Studies in Natural Sciences, Hellenic Open University, Patras, 2001.
- D.N. Theodorou, V.G. Mavrantzas, Multi-scale Modelling of Polymers, Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford (UK), book will be delivered in summer of 2020.
Special Journal Volumes Edited: 2
- V.G. Mavrantzas, A.N. Beris, Th. Tzavaras (Guest Editors): Non-equilibrium Thermodynamics and Complex Fluids, J. of Non-Newt. Fluid Mech., Special Volume 152, Issues 1-3, 2008.
- V.G. Mavrantzas, P.S. Stephanou (Guest Editors): Theory and Simulations of Entangled Polymers, Polymers, Special Volume to be published in 2019.
Chapters in Books or collective volumes: 11
Publications in Refereed Journals: 115 ( h index: 34, total citations: 3200)
Publications in Conference Proceedings: 77
Oral Presentations: ~265
Invited Lectures: 34
Participation in R&D projects: 12 national projects, 8 EC projects, 3 industrial projects